Redundancy is a shock to more than just your finances.
It presents you with many challenges and money is just one of them. Everyone’s priorities are different. Whether it’s looking for another job, starting a new career, or deciding to retire early, you’ll have many decisions to make.
Some of the questions you will face cover the payment, tax, superannuation and associated insurance and Centrelink benefits.
We aim to help you address these questions and discuss things to think about when considering your redundancy, such as:
- How to meet ongoing living expenses
- Future employment
- Early retirement
- When do you want to retire?
- Can you afford to retire?
- Will you have to rely on your savings?
- What standard of living do you want?
Seeking financial advice can help you make the most of your money whilst avoiding expensive mistakes.